Fits Meteor blowers with 6-inch slot spacing
- These machines have a few unique features to address:
- They have a lip at the bottom from the stock skid. This skid comes with spacers that will compensate for it. A 1/4” spacer and a 1/8” spacer together will handle this issue.
- A bolt that would be in the way of the skid. This bolt needs to be cut off flush with the nut. Once it’s cut off flush, the skid will mount properly.
- This skid is designed extra tall to be able to use existing bolt hole locations. However it is my strong recommendation to drill at least one more hole further down to handle the leverage present on this skid. The spacers are designed with a second horizontal slot just for this to be done.
- The Meteor skid has an off-set slot pattern, to center the skid on the existing skid. This allows the skid to be mounted either flange-out or flange-in if desired. Note that flange-in will require you to have the skid further extended to sit under the existing skid.
- Important: The lower bolt that mounts the auger might need to be modified. The extra threads need to be cut off and ground flush with the nut. This allows the skid to mount over the nut if needed.
- Bolt pattern is: 6 inches Note: offset pattern to correctly position skid.
Patented. This item is a matching set of 2 skids.
- Designed to fit Meteor machines that have a 6″ bolt spacing. Note that due to the skid being larger and longer, you may need to use 3 or 4 bolts per skid. This may require drilling. Use the largest grade 8+ bolts you can fit and use grade 8+ washers.
- 24″ long tip to tip, 2.5″ wide.
- Lifts snow blower up over cracks and bumps
- Protects auger housing from damage
- CNC Cut from 1/2 in. plate steel (bottom runner)
- Dual-tip design: skids now have a narrow tip on one end, or can be turned around to use the wide tip on the other end
- Narrow-tip design penetrates snow and ice and lets you get down to the pavement
- Original wide-tip design gives maximum float over gravel and grass
- Black powder coated finish
- Set of 2 matching skids
- Protects front of snow blower from damage due to cracks and bumps