Kubota blowers have some unique features to be addressed:
1) Significant large flares are common on Kubota blowers. Skid needs to protect leading edge of machine that is not in line with mounting point. Flare is big, cannot be reasonably addressed with spacers of any kind. My unique vertical rib design allows the skid to slip under the flared housing right at the crease of the flare. This location of the skid protects the leading edge, and allows for the skid to be positioned correctly on the machine.
2) Only existing bolt location is significantly back from the leading edge. There is a lot of leverage on just two bolts, you may find you need to install a 3rd or 4th bolt. I’ve put additional slots in to allow for additional bolts to be added, if desired. Use the biggest grade 8 bolts you can, and use grade 8 washers.
3) Kubota’s have two common bolt patterns, narrow: 2-1/8” and wide 6-1/2“.
4) Skids have two different tips. Mount with narrow-tip forward if you are primarily on concrete/asphalt. You may want to mount them with the wide side forward if you are on gravel/grass/dirt.
Patented. This item is a matching set of 2 skids.
- Designed to fit machines that have a 2 1/8″ or 6-1/2″ bolt spacing.
- 24″ long tip to tip, 2.5″ wide.
- Lifts snow blower up over cracks and bumps.
- Protects auger housing from damage.
- CNC Cut from 1/2 in. plate steel (bottom runner).
- New dual-tip design: skids now have a narrow tip on one end, or can be turned around to use the wide tip on the other end.
- Narrow-tip design penetrates snow and ice and lets you get down to the pavement.
- Original wide-tip design gives maximum float over gravel and grass.
- Black powder coated finish.
- Set of 2 matching skids.
- Protects front of snow blower from damage due to cracks and bumps.