Snowblower Skids Ordering/Information Links
We Offer Six Different Types of Skids:
1. ASE - Excellent for Home Use
2. PRO - Professional/Commercial Use
3. PRO-XT - Professional/XT (Extra Tall) Commercial Use
4. ASE-9000 Series - Extra Tall and Extra Long
5. New C.U.T. Series, for Compact Utility Tractors and Hydraulic/PTO Driven Blowers
6. PUSHER SERIES - 30″ + Box Plows and Pushers Mounted on Bobcats
All orders go USPS Priority 2-3 day mail to anywhere in U.S.A.
Shipping to Canada is $24.55. 9000 Series $40.00. Order as normal on the web site and I’ll send you a PayPal request for the difference. Shipping to Europe approximately $45.00, but changes frequently. I’ll PayPal request you the shipping difference.
Snowblower Skids Spacers Not Included.
1. Slot Spacing: Take the old snowblower shoe off, mark the center of each slot at the very top, then measure between the two lines. Measure from the CENTER of one slot to the CENTER of the other slot. Typical distances are 2.0 inches, 2.5 inches, 2.75 inches. or 3 inches. Take your time measuring, make sure you have good light. If you are unsure, ask someone else to measure as well, and then compare results.
2. Mounting bolt size: If the measurement of slot distance is 2.0, 2.5, or 2.75 inches, your bolt size should be 5/16. If you have a 3 inch slot distance you will probably have a 3/8 bolt. Other sizes are mixed between 5/16 and 3/8 bolts. If you’re not sure, take it to a hardware store and find out.
1/19/2011: I’ve adjusted the slot size on the 2.5” to accept a 3/8 bolt to accommodate the new Deere size. I highly recommend using washers, especially if you have a 3/8 bolt.
3. ARMORskids® are larger, longer, and wider than your stock skids by design. Check around the current skid, look for any significant bumps on the housing that may keep you from properly mounting a longer skid. A few brands such as Toro mount the skid in a recessed area that does not allow room for ARMORskids® to be installed without some sort of shim, which we now sell. It’s very rare, but it does occur. See the FAQ page if this applies to you.
Shipping: We ship Via US Postal Service 2-3 day Priority Mail. I typically try to get them in the mail the next business day, but when things get busy it may take me ’till the weekend to catch up with orders.
***FOR TORO MACHINES:
PRO1545-C: 2 7/8”(2.875″) Slot Spacing
C.U.T. Series (Compact Utility Tractors): Fully welded and ready to handle the heaviest of machines. Two tips, one for maximum float over gravel and a narrower tip for maximum penetrate. 24″ long, 2.5″ wide designed for blowers mounted on hydraulically-driven utility tractors, 3-pt mounted blowers, and bobcats from 48″ to 84″ in size.
30″+ designed for box plows and pushers mounted on bobcats.